Snail secretion is widespread for its beneficial properties from antiquity to the present day. Hippocrates believed that snail secretion heals and treats irritations, moisturizes the skin and with frequent use, the skin becomes more radiant and luminous.
Pliny believed that snail secretions could contribute to burns and other wounds. In ancient times, snail secretions were used for aesthetic purposes, against wrinkles, herpes and scars. Cleopatra bathed in water with snail secretion, because it softened the skin. Also in Chile, snail growers discovered that their hands soon had a youthful appearance and their wounds closed immediately.
The type of snail that is widely used in cosmetics is Helix Aspersa. This species is different from the others, because its snail secretion is rich in allantoin, glycolic acid and antioxidants. Our company, Incosal SA, applies an innovative multiple method of collecting the secretion, thanks to which it is possible to keep the active ingredients of the secretion itself at 95%, without the snails suffering. Thus, we get a unique high quality mucus in concentrated form, that is used in our cosmetics and is even richer in active ingredients such as: hyaluronic acid, proteins, vitamins A and E, allantoin, glycolic acid, natural collagen, antioxidants, peptides, elastin and trace elements.
Snail secretion, in addition to the fact that it contains natural antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients, stands out for its anti-aging effectiveness, due to the fact that:
- Fights the free radicals of the skin that are responsible for aging.
- It causes the production of procollagen and type 1 collagen as well as the proliferation of skin fibroblasts, to help the tissues to be more elastic and to keep the skin young and supple.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- It has a great disinfectant action and protects against skin infections.
- Heals wounds and scars on the skin and regenerates the skin.
- Protects against UV rays and moisturizes the skin.
- Regenerates the skin, after the treatment of acne.
- Thanks to the allantoin it contains, it has a calming effect.
- It has anti-wrinkle and anti-aging action.
Benelica cosmetics are outstanding because of the combination of snail secretion with newer active ingredient and because they contain natural active ingredients but also newer generation ingredients with proven action through in use tests, in vivo tests and clinical studies. Benelica cosmetics are products of high aesthetics and meet the needs and expectations for natural skin care products.