Sunlight has a positive and negative effect on the human body, as sunlight consists of a series of rays of different wavelengths with different effects, especially on the skin.
Positive effects of ultraviolet radiation
- Converts provitamin D3 found in the skin into vitamin D. This vitamin regulates the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
- Reduces susceptibility to bacterial infections.
- It affects the production of melanin and causes thickening of the keratin layer, thus protecting the skin exposed to it from sunburn.
- Improves the psyche of the individual.
Negative effects of ultraviolet radiation
- Extensive exposure and exposure to sunlight causes skin diseases such as erythema, redness of the skin and sunburn.
- At the same time, it causes the aging of the skin, due to the destruction of collagen and elastin.
However, in recent years due to the change of the environment and the increase of the ozone hole, sunlight has become dangerous for our health and our overexposure to the sun has a negative effect on both our health and our skin.
Each person is affected differently by exposure to sunlight. However, it has been observed that premature aging of the skin occurs and the elasticity, radiance, hydration of the skin of those who are exposed for years and without proper protection from the sun, is lost.
Incosal Benelica sunscreen products are specially designed to effectively combat photoaging and to counteract the harmful effects of sunlight. Benelica sunscreens stand out because they contain special substances that provide high protection against aging, such as UVA-UVB filters, vitamin E, tripeptides, argan oil, hyaluronic acid and panthenol. Depending on the degree of sun protection, there is a choice of 3 sunscreen products: Benelica Sunscreen Face Cream 30SPF, Benelica Sunscreen Face Cream 50SPF and Benelica Sunscreen Face Cream 50 + SPF with color.
- Sunscreens are applied to dry and clean skin.
- They are placed in the morning and it is recommended to reposition 30 ‘, before sun exposure.
- They must be renewed every 2 hours.
- It is good to use a low protection index, also during the winter season.